Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bunny Goes to Ritz Carlton: San Francisco

This is the first installment of photo adventures. The Goth Bunny (me) will travel to interesting locales. Don't I look smashing my chef hat and napkin?
It was signed by Sous Chef Chang of the Terrace Restaurant at the Ritz-Carlton in San Francisco. He gave me and a few others a personal tour of the kitchens.


This is a picture of me in the main lobby. There is a tea party going on in the room behind me to the left where teenage girls with pearls eat eclairs. There's also a genuine live harpist.




Francois, a potential future chef, is holding me as me begin our descent into the kitchens. Chef Chang explained that they try to use local organic produce. They do as much of the preparation as possible, even making their own marinara sauce and pizza dough!



We saw veal, prime rib, salmon, tuna (sushi grade), kobe beef sliders, but thankfully no bunnies.




We are hanging with Franz, a member of the kitchen.






Here is Chef Chang showing us cured salmon. They buy fresh salmon and cure it overnight in the kitchens.


Desserts! Yum.




And then, the favorite part of the
tour: the eating. I'm making sad eyes, because I've never seen anything so beautiful in my life. A medium cooked beef patty of pinky perfection with a slice of melted cheddar cheese. The patty is strangely light and not one of those condensed bricks that you buy at the supermarket. They grind their beef in the kitchen. And for dessert, strawberry ice cream with fresh berries. We also got a creme brulee with an almond tuile, but alas it did not last long enough for a photo opportunity.

Heavenly, isn't it?

Cheerily,
A Cheerful Goth Bunny







No comments: