Saturday, June 28, 2008

Pixar's Wall-E

I'm one of those people who have been eagerly awaiting for Pixar to mess up. This is not because I have anything particularly against Pixar, but because I think its fall will affirm that all good things come to an end. Unfortunately, I will have to wait a few more years.
Without going into too much of the plot, I'll say that Wall-E offers a lot for all viewers. That is to say that it's strong on all fronts: story, characters, detail, theme, and really nifty looking stuff. I identified with the love story between the naive and rundown Wall-E and the agressive and spiffy Eve which fits in nicely with the larger environmental story. However, my friend, Ryan, was quite taken by the opening scenes which he believed were a homage to two great games in his life: Fallout and The Wasteland.
This movie is a gem and if I say anymore about it, I'd be depriving you the chance to experience it for yourself.
Cheers,
The Goth Bunny and Friend (Ryan)

No comments: