Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Quote of the Day with Weather Forecast

Pooh to Christopher Robin:
"What I like best in the whole world is Me and Piglet going to see You, and You saying 'What about a little something?' and Me saying, 'Well, I shouldn't mind a little something, should you, Piglet,' and it being a hummy sort of day outside and birds singing."
p. 172, A. A. Milne's The House At Pooh Corner

Today is a chilly, overcast day...in the middle of summer. I feel like tea and crumb cake. And not even Asian-style tea, but how English people take it, some sort of black tea with milk and sugar.
And I'm trying to think of some pithy quote that goes with tea, but I can't except a depressing one from The Love Song J. Alfred Prufrock. Though now that I looked it up, there's at least three references to tea and I'm wondering if T. S. Eliot really liked tea or found it a good medium for listlessness and depression.





No comments: