Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Flourless Chocolate Cake

I love chocolate cake! Recipe adapted from the Food Channel .
What you need is 1 lb of chocolate, chopped.
4 eggs beaten for five minutes on high until very foamy
1 stick of butter, melt with chocolate in a double boiler. You can see that I'm making stove top espresso in the back. I added 1/4 cup.

Fold in the egg foam, a third at a time. You might want to wait a little bit so the chocolate won't cook the eggs.
Mix into fully incorporated.
Pour into a greased pan and bake in a roasting pan half filled with boiling water for 25 minutes at 325.
After it's fully cooled, loosen the edges with a knife before flipping onto a cooling rack. I cut hearts out of the parchment paper and dusted the baby with powdered sugar. The cake promptly sucked in the sugar so I applied instant hot chocolate. When the paper hearts were removed it made a pretty design, alas, I do not have pictures. :(

No comments: